Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

53 Today


"It takes a long time to grow young."
     --Pablo Picasso

Happy Birthday to Me!!

8 comments:

A Gentleman of Worcester said...

Best Wishes for the Happiest of Days to Come...

“Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.”

~ Charles Dickens

sligo said...

Iwas 53 once -- you'll love it!

Happy birthday. I'm never disappointed whenever I stop by to catch up on the blog.

Suburban Princess said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Here's to 53 more ;o)

Petunia said...

Happy Birthday to you! Have a fabulous day and here's to many more.

William Widmaier said...

Bon anniversaire M Lane.

William Widmaier said...

Bon anniversaire M Lane.

Uncle Beefy said...

Leave it to me to be a day late and a dollar short! Happy belated birthday, Mister! Hope it was a smashing success! Cheers! :)

CashmereLibrarian said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you, Sir!