Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Irish, Please


Like many places, the weather here in the provinces has been awful this week. This morning it was very cold and overcast with a misty rain.  It stayed that way all the long day.  But it provided me an excellent opportunity to try out my fantastic new Irish knit sweater.  A special garment because it was a gift from my Irish Redhead. The brand is Kilronan.  The cable knits are substantial.  The color, of course, is a DEEP green.  What with the brass zipper up top, putting it on makes one feel like some sort of Irish commando.  Which was just what this day required.  

When I walked outside, into the mist and wind and cold, I could almost feel this sweater responding.  "It's IRELAND"....

I was warm and dry all morning and ready for just a tot of Powers Whiskey upon my return.  Some garments, Irish sweaters and Harris tweed jackets for example, take inclement weather and turn it to an outward course.  Which is why they have been around so long. And so well...

No comments: