Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

From The Epic Music Vault: BBVD "Louis, Louis, Louis"


Like a lot of people, I became a huge fan of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy when they played in the Epic favorite movie Swingers.  Every album they put out is to my liking.

This new one however, takes them in a completely new direction thematically.  This album consists of covers of great tunes by Louis Armstrong, Louis Prima and Louis Jordan all done in the inimitable BBVD style.  Superb!!!!

Any Epic would love this album for summer swilling and chilling.  GO DADDY-O!!

3 comments:

Ben said...

Holy smokes! I can't believe I never made the connection! Jordan is one of my favorites, a genre unto himself. Prima is just perfection. And Armstrong, well, he's Louis Armstrong; a giant.

Now to get back to the book I'm writing, titled Louis, Neil, and Lance.

Will have to check out this BBVD record!

M.Lane said...

This is their best of a lot of great albums. Love all three guys.

I have to make the scene in HI mon frere.

M

Terry said...

I first heard them when they played the Superbowl. We have seen them live in Michigan several times, now. They put on a really fun concert!