Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Saddest Song I Ever Heard


When they finished writing it, co-author and country music legend Bill Anderson told Jon Randall "that's the saddest song I ever heard, nobody will want to listen to it".   I guess somebody did. When Brad Paisley and Alison Krause recorded "Whiskey Lullaby" it went to #2 and won song of the year.  They were good, but hearing the phenomenally talented Randall sing it with his wife Jessi Alexander at a tribute to Anderson is as good, and as sad, as it gets. 

In a genre where sad songs are woven into the fabric of the art, Whiskey Lullaby stands alone.  You should not listen to this song drunk.  Or perhaps you should only listen to it drunk.  Either way, if this one doesn't make you cry, nothing will. 

1 comment:

scribbler50 said...

No argument here, couldn't be any sadder. Wow!

Scribbler50