All males love gadgets. I do not know why. Perhaps as a continuing quest from primeval days (or at least from boyhood--if that's different) to find the newest sort of armaments. Even men that are not particularly gadget friendly such as your Epic love them. Gadgets that is, not armaments. Well, come to think of it, there ARE a FEW armaments... Anyhow, despite my adoration of our new Percolator, I recently came across a fantastic one cup coffee maker in a hotel room at the VERY swank Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina Hotel:
You operate this unit, a Keurig, by:
1. Pouring in a cup of water.
2. Putting a little sealed cup of coffee into the (suspiciously like a mini torpedo tube) receptacle at the top.
3. Closing down the lid ("tube 1 loaded and ready for firing, Captain").
4. Launching the brew by pushing one button that lights up to tell you it is the one to push.
5. Watching as the coffee is delivered into the mug you hopefully have remembered to put under the nozzle.
This machine is sort of silly but it is just a blast to use. And they sell all sorts of great coffee in the little sealed cups. My favorite in the hotel room was "Jet Fuel". Accurately described.
Although the Keurig will not supplant my new percolator for home use, it might be just the thing for my office. I can fire it off to punctuate some point or another during meetings!! Anyway, it should do until I find some better forms of armaments...
When All Else Fails
5 hours ago