Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Epic Cellar: Another Great Wine From Bogle


After I fell in love with Bogle wines, I reported on them here.  Then I joined their wine club.  Last week they sent me their Spring shipment which included this 2012 Vigonier.

Like some book reviews say...."I couldn't put it down".  Drank the entire bottle at a sitting.  I did open it and leave it for an hour first. The pear flavor of this marvelous wine is distinct but subtle.  Think poached pear as a dessert at Le Petit Chatelet in Paris late at night in a spring downpour....with some butter added just for balance.

This amazing wine held its own against a variety of dishes........olives.........hummus with tapenade....huntsman cheese......chicken dumplings.......huge Gulf shrimp with Arnaud's remoulade sauce, even rhubarb and strawberry pie.

For around $20.00, this wine is not just a keeper.........it is a SAVER.  I'm getting a case.  Trust me.  You should too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I have enjoyed Bogle wines in the past.

M.Lane said...

Thanks for the comment!

I just love these wines which are very reasonably priced.

ML