Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Auld

I, for one, am very happy to put this one in the books.  Despite the happy conclusion to it all. Tonight the Irish Redhead and I have our traditional New Year's Eve dinner with a couple we have known many years but who we see rarely. But always on this night. Just the four of us. We swap stories, laugh, catch up. Wind down. Cook food, drink cocktails and champagne. Reinvigorate. Just in time for a new hand of 365 cards.

2012 should hold many amazing things for me. A silver wedding anniversary. A 15 year old Future Rock Star.  Paris. Who knows what else?

There is only one thing left to do. At a minute before midnight, this Epic will raise a glass, pause a moment to consider the past, then toast it away.  Join me.  Over the top my friends! Bring us a full measure of 2012!!

P.S.  I really like my post from last NYE so I am linking to it and I hope you enjoy it too.

4 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Happy New Year! All the best for 2012!

Some Chilean Woman said...

Cheers to you and your loved ones! Your NYE sounds perfect. And Paris???? I am so jealous.

Ben said...

Happy New Year! And yes, that was a doozy of a post last year. I reread it all over again.

M.Lane said...

Princess, thanks and the same to you!

SCW, thanks for the comment! I really enjoy your blog. NYE was just right, at least for me and the IR.

Ben thanks and happy new year to you! I'm glad you liked my piece re Hank W. I am pretty happy with it.

ML