Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dad's Birthday



My dad. A golf professional. World traveler. Hunter. Fisherman. Restaurateur. Example. Father. He would have been 88 today.  He didn't make it to 80.  When I was eight, he wrote me a birthday letter that says "remember to use every second of every minute of every hour of every day to the very fullest".  I'm trying Dad. I'm trying.

Happy Birthday, Dad.

4 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Sounds like a guy I would love to meet...you were a lucky kid...and I am sure a splendid son.

Ben said...

Good fathers beget good sons beget good fathers.

M.Lane said...

MLS...he was a very cool guy. Norwegian angst and all.

Ben, we try, don't we?

ML

Unknown said...

Like its... HERE