Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Epic Cookery: The Breakfast Sandwich


I like to make a simple but hearty breakfast sandwich, under 275 calories.  Start with one of those thin cut muffins that are pretty common now.  Spray a ramekin with nonstick spray and pour in some egg substitute, about 3/4 inch deep.  Then the first secret ingredient.....HOT SHOT pepper mix....


Red and black pepper.  Give the egg substitute a healthy dose before nuking it for a minute.  While you are doing that, split open the prefab muffin and put a slice of cheap [read: easy melting] cheese and two slices of precooked bacon on it....



Then add the hot, cooked egg laced with pepper...


Time for the second secret ingredient....A1 Bold & Spicy sauce....


Give the egg a good dose of this too.  Then put the top on and nuke the whole thing about 10 seconds.  You are on the way to an Epic day, my friend!!!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Sometimes I like to keep recipes of mine like this to myself. Makes me feel superior.

Kudos to you for not stooping to my level. Now I know what I'm having tomorrow morning!

M.Lane said...

Ben, I wish the photos were better because it is a very tasty sandwich and you can make it in less than five minutes.

Thanks!

ML