Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Epic Kitchen: One Great Gadget



The pineapple is not the gadget.  The pineapple corer in the second photo is.  I was watching television way too late at night and saw a presentation on a shopping channel for this thing and I just gave in and bought it.  I love fresh cut pineapple but I hate fooling around with the raw item.  This gadget was not too expensive and works PERFECTLY as advertised.  All you have to do is to cut the top off the pineapple with a knife.  Then you put the business end of the gadget on top of it and twist it down as far as you can.  This is the business end...


Then you pull out the pineapple fruit like a cork from a wine bottle.  The pineapple is cut into rings and the core of the fruit is left inside the husk!!


You just push the red button, the handle comes off, and you tip it over and slide the rings off the gadget...



If you cut out the core, the husk is perfect for use as a wild Tiki glass, or you can use it as a centerpiece and put 50s style tooth picks into the outside with cocktail sausages on them and fill the inside with sauce....your imagination is your only limit!


I don't go for many kitchen gadgets but this one is Epic!!!

No comments: