Hello!

Welcome to The Epic! I am launching this blog as a manifesto for and a guide to living well. The title and motto of the blog are taken from the Epicureans, at least some of whom believed in the notion that not one minute of the future was guaranteed to them and that as a result they had the duty to live life to its fullest every moment.

I believe in discovering fun and pleasurable things wherever I find myself each day and I am told I have a knack for unearthing them. My hope is that by sharing in my pleasures and some of my ways of finding them you will begin to collect all the riches that lie in the moments of your life. They are there. Take them! All our lives should be.....Epic.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

My First Time

I have never been blogtagged before, but thanks to Becs [http://becsbohemia.com/] for being my first...and thanks as well for her visits to The Epic and her nice comments. If you have not checked out her blog, you should. It is great fun. Her piece in August about the business man on the Segway was priceless!

When you ask a fellow like me for seven "random and/or weird facts about yourself" there is no telling what will come of it. But, here goes...

1. I am a religious man. But in the words of Gregg Allman, "I'm no angel...".

2. I am a complete Parisophile [is that a real word?], have read many books about it, but have yet to visit the City of Light. I will be very well prepared when I do arrive there, I assure you.

3. When I got my first apartment I was addicted to the Playboy Channel. Now I am addicted to the Food Network. Of course, there was no Food Network back then...

4. I love to work crossword puzzles [early in the week], and the New York Times puzzle in particular..

5. I once participated in my state's High School ski racing championship and chess championship the same month. I won neither.

6. I think that "One for My Baby" by Sinatra is the greatest song ever recorded.

7. Autumn is my favorite season. Even when you live someplace where the trees do not change colors, I can still remember...

AND A BONUS FACTOID....I have been an Ian Fleming nut since the age of ten.

But enough about me. I am now supposed to "tag" seven other bloggers. I am not sure about that. For simplicity's sake, I tag the first seven blogs on the "Epic Blogs" list found at the right margin. Other than Becs. And other than Habitually Chic because she was just tagged by someone else a day or two ago.

Becs, Becs, I will always remember my first time being tagged!!!

3 comments:

CashmereLibrarian said...

Me too--I've amassed a collection of Paris-related books and info but...so far, never been to France.
But soon. I hope. I keep practicing my French, just in case.

Unknown said...

Hello Epic, Hope you enjoyed your first time. I am sure there are many more to come. Thank you for the kind comments about my blog. The Segaway post was pure serendipity, thanks to a pink digital camera! I liked the information you shared. Best, Becs

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Our first trip to Paris was when we were young and poor and we spent our first anniversary in a sad hotel that I've long since forgotten the name of. Our second trip was 16 years later between time in Belgium and The Neatherlands with our two children in tow...nicer hotel and better restaurants but two tired kids. Third time will be the charm, I'm thinking.